- Four Operation Ladders – A guide of the methods used to teach addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Reading – How to help your child with their reading.
- Maths Target Steps – A spreadsheet containing Maths target steps for all year groups, including links to suitable practice activities on Espresso. Each year group has its own tab within the document (e.g. Target Step 5 is under the TS5 tab).
- KS1 Reading Parent Workshop
- KS1 maths workshop
Please find some website links below, which you may find useful.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p08h6jkj This link provides short clips of some of the initial sounds your child will be learning in reception.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/2 This link provides some online games for your child to practise segmenting and blending words. Each phase focuses on specific sounds so we recommend the following: Year R – Phases 2 and 3 and Year 1 – Phases 3, 4 and 5.
- https://www.spellingplay.co.uk/interactive-resources Fun games to practise writing components such as spelling.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds This link provides access to fun games to support your child’s phonics and reading development.
- https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/list/phonics-games-phase-2 Interactive phonics games suitable for reception and year 1.
- https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/index.html Fun games to support number foundation for example subtraction and more or less.
- https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/category/22/most-popular Lots of games to support multiplications practise.
- https://www.mathplayground.com/grade_2_games.html This link provides interactive games relating mostly to addition and subtraction practise.
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/kids-activities/fun-maths-games-and-activities/ This website provides both interactive learning and downloadable exercises for your child to use. There is a range of topics covering place value, place value and number patterns.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ A very fun and exciting game focusing on reading.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/ks1-english/z67ncqt A range of literacy lessons looking at areas such as question marks, poetry and punctuation.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/primary/zd7p47h This link provides lots of mini clips/films covering subjects including art, history and geography.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/multiplication-and-division This website provides lots of interactive games. You can also select the category you wish to focus on for example division, fractions and problem solving.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn A website that provides lessons across a number of subjects such as, science, music and French. It provides simple-to-follow lessons and videos through short films, quizzes and activities.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?q=spelling&p=2 This link provides games and clips in relation to spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/games-10609.htm Here you can find some games, specifically for children in years 5 & 6
- https://nrich.maths.org/9413 This website provides both interactive and practical games in relation to your child’s maths learning.
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/kids-activities/fun-maths-games-and-activities/ Downloadable maths games for you and your child to enjoy. Don’t forget to click on the correct age group at the top of the page.
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/ Here you will find downloadable reading games, interactive games, tips for parents and a free eBook library. Don’t forget to click on the correct age group at the top of the page.