Highfield School has a Parents’ Association called the Highfield School Association (the HSA) which is run by a committee of parents as well as some hardworking school representatives. All the parents of Highfield children are welcome to join us at any of our meetings or become part of the committee. Please see the events calendar, Facebook or this page for any forthcoming events and meetings.
The Association exists to raise funds for extra-curricular activities, to forge links between the children, staff and parents and to encourage the children’s education in any way it can.
We have already raised money for:
- Class reading treats across the school
- New picnic bench, pots and plants for the junior school courtyard to make it a place that can be used by children and staff
- Science day consisting of workshops for each class
The HSA organises various events throughout the year for both the children and the parents. Both the Summer and Christmas events are key but we also run new parents welcome evenings and support with refreshments at school concerts. The support of parents, school staff and other residents help make these events so successful and we are grateful for that continued commitment.
Key events 19/20
- 29 Nov: Christmas Fayre at the Junior School, 5.30-7.30pm
- 28 Feb: Kids Disco at the Junior School (after school)
- 20 June: Summer Fayre at the Junior School, 12-3pm
The H.S.A standing committee are:
- Chair (Jan 19) – Katrina
- Vice-chair (Oct 18) – Jonathan
- Secretary (Jan 19) -Tanya Ossont
- Treasurer (Sep 19) – Sam Cooper
- Vice-treasurer (Sep 19) – Alison Cooper
- School representative (Sep 08) – Jackie James
- School representative (Sep 17) – Jeanette White
- School representative (Jan 19) – Jess Barker
Meetings minutes and dates:
Minutes from the meetings are available to view here.
Read our blog:
New feature for Sep 2019 is our new blog page. Check back regularly for updates and information.